I have a little secret.
There is not one spot of flour or dairy in these cookies! I kid you not. Gluten free and only 6 ingredients, you would never be able to tell that they're gluten free either.
These cookies could go up against any old chocolate chip cookie and win hands down. They are crispy yet tender-soft on the inside, and are to die for! I think I'm beginning to have an obsession with cookies...
This recipe actually comes from Clean Eating magazine. If you haven't checked them out yet, they have a bountiful amount of healthy, good-for-you recipes. Every recipe they put out is full of flavour and you can be happy that it's healthy too. I always love reading the helpful eating and nutrition tips they put in they're magazines.
Who ever said healthy eating tastes bad?
Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies gluten free, vegan (Makes 2 dozen cookies)
slightly adapted from Clean Eating Magazine.
- 1 cup unsalted almond butter
- 3/4 cup organic light brown sugar or sucanat
- 1 egg or 1 chia egg *see note*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Mega Chunks chocolate (certified gluten free & vegan)
- Preheat oven to 350*F. In a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment stir together first 5 ingredients. Stir in chocolate.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls (more if you would like bigger cookies) onto baking sheets lined with parchement paper. Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completley.
*Note* To make the chia egg simply add 1 tbsp chia seeds to a small sized dish and add 3 tbsp water. Let this sit for at least 5 minutes to let the seeds fel and absorb some of the water before adding to the other ingredients.
Nutritional Info: (Per Cookie) 110 Calories, 8 grams fat, 1.5 grams sat. fat, 55 mg sodium, 1 gram fiber, 5 grams sugar, 2 grams protein, 10 mg cholesterol
Viola! You now have a delicious cookie that is both gluten free and vegan!!!
Now lets get baking!!!